Jackson County trails open May 15-Oct 16 and Dec 15-Mar 15
Clark County trails open May 1–Oct 31 and Dec 15-Mar 15
The Black River Falls area is known for having some of the best ATV and single-track motorcycle trails in the Midwest. ATVers can ride more than 100 miles through Jackson County and an additional 135 miles through neighboring Clark County. The landscape’s rolling ruggedness and great natural beauty are truly unique in the Midwest. Riders coming to the Black River Falls area will find 335,000 acres of public forest, municipal ordinances favorable to motorized trail riding, and hundreds of miles of designated trails – everything the modern rider demands! Riders will immediately recognize the area’s wholehearted welcome.
June 25th, 2015
Effective at 8am on Friday, June 26th, 2015 the Oak Ridge Trail to Millston will re-open. At this time the Bell Mound Trail that runs from Black River Falls to Millston will close due to pipeline construction. Please see the map for more clarification. You can still get to Millston on our trail system, you will not be able to to make the "loop". The closure is expected to last approximately a week. The remaning system is open and is listed in fair to good condition. Our trails have been groomed and are still wet in some areas, please ride with caution. Please continue to check the website for updates.
Jackson county has a link on the front of the County web page that allows you to sign up for automatic e-mail updates for our trail conditions, opening/closing, emergencies,etc. .
The address is www.co.jackson.wi.us
ATV Trail Access and Parking
Jackson County ATV Trail Access and Parking
- On East 7th St., near Castle Mound State Park
- Off Hwy 12, two miles west of Millston
- Junction County Hwy O and N. Settlement Rd., one mile east of Millston
- Ott Trail parking lot on Airport Rd., east of Black River Falls
- Highway 54, ten miles east of Black River Falls, just east of Wildcat-Spangler Rd.
- West Clay School Rd. near East Arbutus Campground, southeast of Hatfield
- East Arbutus Campground, north of W. Clay School Rd.
- Crawford Hills County Park, twenty miles west of Black River Falls on Hwy 54
Clark County ATV Trail Access and Parking
- Oak Ridge Parking Lot, Hwy M north of Hwy GG
- Rock Dam Park, Wildrock Park, Junction of Hwy M and Hwy I
- Hwy 10 Parking Lot, on Hwy 10 one mile northeast of intersection of Hwy B and Hwy 10
- Wildcat Park, Hwy B five miles east of Humbird
- Hatfield Pines Parking Lots, two lots located off Bush Rd. east of Hwy J